Return of Kings - The Anecdote


Last week I discovered a Youtuber called Ready to Glare and I was instantly obsessed. At some point, I stumbled across a video called “Womenwith short hair are damaged”, and in it she was commenting on an article posted in a website called Return of Kings.

I was curious about what kind of website could possibly entertain such old-fashioned ideas and, boy, was I in for a treat…

Before I read any of the articles, I decided to check the “About” section and this is what it says:


It goes on to state the ROK’s community beliefs which include things like “A woman’s value significantly depends in her fertility and beauty.”

With titles like “7 ways women are like abandoned dogs”, “Never follow a girl’s lead”, “3 ways to ‘hypnotize’ a girl into a sexually submissive trance” and “5 reasons women should be banned from working as police officers” you can quickly understand the mentality of the people who write and frequent this site… And no, it isn’t just an ignorant boy in its parents’ basement, it’s made men, with published books, that are behind this!

It’s unfathomable to me how this “women belong in the kitchen” mentality can still be around. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you make an offensive website of it, I think you’re going way too far. Saying a girl with short hair becomes instantly unattractive, belittling men who are more feminine, or less “aggressive”, shitting on Feminism, the LGBT community and other minorities so radically… It’s damaging!

I can’t feel anything but rage when I see things like this! Women have fought a lot to release themselves from the shackles of misogyny, and we are still fighting for equality every day. So, it saddens me that there are still some people, some men, out there that are too scared of us and our success. The so called “alpha males” behind these types of websites are nothing but scaredy cats who shiver at the idea of having a woman as an equal. These men are not “alpha”, these men are scared little boys.

So, go ahead and keep trying to undermine the egalitarian movement. The rest of us will be watching you from a far, at the top of our success, rocking whatever style we want, doing whatever we want, fucking whoever we want.

Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media