... in with the new.


I don’t know about you, but sometimes new things scare me. Change can be scary. Be it a new school, a new job, just new surroundings make me feel a little bit of panic inside.

The weeks leading up to something new, always leave me completely in my head thinking the worst thoughts: “What if I can’t get used to it?”, “What if no one likes me?” or “What if I don’t do a great job?”. I tire myself with it, I give myself anxiety, and it’s always all for nothing.

In a few weeks I’m going to start the internship for my thesis in another city and I’m in my head worrying about affording the trips, getting used to a new place, thinking if I’m going to like the people there and if they’re going to like me… Just being nervous for nothing.

I don’t know why my brain has the need to always try and sabotage me, but I will never let it win. I know I am a very adaptable person, I know I’m going to figure someway to get the money and I know I’m going to get along with my new colleagues (and if I don’t, I don’t give a shit either, I’m going there to work).

So the anxiety can move along because great things never came out of comfort zones, and I intend to be great.



Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media