Staying in Touch


“You promise to stay in touch with people, but it doesn’t work out. It never does.”
Whoever said this never made real friends, geez…


When I was in middle-school and high-school the phrase “Lets keep in touch and make plans for the summer!” was a must at the end of the year. Of course, as expected, there were never any plans and no one kept in touch. Or almost no one.

Now that I find myself looking back, I always had a group of friends in school (it would change every year, but still) and we were inseparable… in school only. When it was time to come home on vacations or holidays we wouldn’t do stuff together, we wouldn’t even talk! And now I realize that I wasn’t even into most of those “friends”. It’s strange how your brain forces you into that group mentality in school. As if you are “weaker” if you’re not in a “pack”.

There are only 2 exceptions in my case, 2 girls that I’ve kept around through thick and thin. One I’ve known since pre-school (now 16 years) and the funny thing is, although we’ve always got along, we’ve only become close around the 8th grade which, curiously, was when the other girl came into the picture. So, I guess we created this Trinity and we’ve stuck together ever since. I feel like we complete each other, I love those girls as sisters.

We’ve always made plans, we’ve always kept in touch (of course, now more than ever) and because of that I say that you don’t have to worry about not making plans with your school friends. If they don’t feel the need to reach out to you and/or vice versa, it’s because you’re really not that close. When the real, good friends come along, you’ll know!



Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media