Women Empowering Women


It’s interesting they way that women like to put other women down. I’d be a hypocrite and a liar if I said I was always about girl power, because I wasn’t. I’m sure we’ve all been guilty of looking at a girl or woman on TV and saying “Ugh, she’s ugly” or “Ugh, she’s so fat”, or maybe seeing someone on the street wearing something we wouldn’t necessarily wear and going “She looks crazy, what is she doing? Doesn’t she have a mirror at home?”.

Growing up and understanding how we’re not equal to man (not in the workplace, not in paychecks, and don’t even get me started on how they’re called players and we’re called whores…) made me realize that we should be teaming up and giving each other the confidence, the self-esteem we need to be our better selves and do anything we want to.

So now, when I see a girl on TV I say “You go girl! Make that money!”. When I see a woman on the street feeling like a million bucks in her skin and in her clothes, I say “You go girl! Slay that runway!”. And when I hear a woman trying to put another woman down I say “You better think about what you’re saying, because we all need each other to rise”.

Today, I am strong because of the women who raised me and one day my daughters and grand-daughters will be strong because of what those women taught me. We need to keep this cycle. Women need to empower other women.



Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media