An Important Message to All Creators

If you are reading this and you want to be a writer, a singer, a youtuber, an influencer, or even you just want to try something new, a new style, a new recipe, a new hobby, this message is for you.

This week I went I decided I was going to post a video to Youtube, because I wanted to try it out. Let me tell you, I had so, so much fun! From recording gameplay, to learning some new editing skills, to preparing bullet points to talk about, to recording my voice... It was an amazing experience! I have never done something like this before and I know that the quality of the video is not even comparable to youtubers I follow, but that was not my point. What I wanted to do was to try something new and be proud of it. And I was. And I am.

I decided I was going to share the video the same way I share my blog posts and on one of the places I share I got some nasty comments. At first, I was shocked because it took me by surprise but then I realized that, as I was giving an opinion on that video, other people have the right to their opinions too. I was frustrated because the people who were unpleasant didn’t even take the time to listen to what I had to say, and simply assumed and commented. But I am confident enough to know that when people react like that and whatever people decide to put out into the world reflects who/what they are and not who/what you are as a person or as a creator.

With this, I want to tell you, if you are trying to put out content (whatever form it takes) don’t let the negative/ignorant comments get to you. The only person that needs to be happy and proud about your content is YOU. When you stop doing it for yourself and start doing it conditioned by whatever you think others will say/think about your content, you’ll never be happy. Nothing will ever be good enough, because there will always be someone mean out there, just for the fun of it.

The world is yours, grab it by the balls and do what you want to do. Be happy!





Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media