Quarantine Thoughts - Day 46

Yesterday, it was the last day of the Emergency State here in Portugal. Starting today, small businesses are starting to open, of course they have to operate according to security norms but still, this is the first step towards going back to normal. Whatever normal is now.

Personally, I’m afraid. I’m afraid that people will want more and more, and that they’ll take this decision as a sign of “Oh, we can do whatever we want again.”, which is not true. And if this mentality remains, numbers will start going up again and the government will impose the Emergency State again. So, since no one wants to go backwards I can only hope that everyone remains focused on the greater good. The more we protect ourselves and each other, the more we follow the norms while they’re needed, the faster we’ll get over this.

On another note, lately I’ve been feeling really anxious (the kind of anxious that takes all inspiration and motivation away). I’ve been struggling to sleep, my mind is at maximum speed (but nothing in it is productive), and I didn’t want to do anything for a while, not even take care of myself. Finally, yesterday I was able to kick my self out of it, I dragged myself to the shower, took care of my skin and hair and all of it! I had enough.

Today is Mother’s Day and I got up early, got dressed and did my makeup for a change, but I’ll tell you all about it later. I feel like I’ve been saying this a lot but I guess I just want you to know that these things and going through a day, or days, like this, is okay. Sometimes your mind just goes to a dark place, but then beautiful and brighter days are always right around the corner. You just have to weather the storm!

Everything will be okay!



Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media