Spinach Goodies

I can’t stand the idea of eating some vegetables, well, most of them! And it’s not all about the taste, it’s mostly about texture. I can stomach eating lettuce and small quantities of spinach. However, I found a way to consume some vegetables, by transforming them into something a little bit different.

Today I want to show you a way to eat a lot of spinach in one sitting! Here’s what you’re going to need:

    - 1 bag of fresh spinach (I have loads of spinach in my garden, so I don’t need to buy  them);

    - Half of a natural yoghurt (plain yoghurt, no sugar);

    - 1 garlic clove;

    - 2 small shallots;

    - Salt and pepper.

Start out by washing your spinach really well and cooking it in boiling water until it’s almost done.

Then, put the spinach in a processor (save the water you used to boil it), add the rest of the ingredients and season it with salt and pepper, to your liking. Process everything until you get a creamy mix. Pour the mix into a pan and let it thicken in low heat, mixing often.

When this is complete, you can just eat it like this, on top of a chicken steak or any meat you’re having. But this time I decided I want to incorporate a little bit of pasta. So, I cooked the pasta in the same water where I cooked the spinach and when it was close to being done, I transferred it into the pan where my cream was.

I let it stay there for a few minutes and, voilá! I had it with a chicken steak and it was so, so, so delicious! I can’t wait to do it again!

I know that eating vegetables like this is not the same as eating them whole, but for me it’s the only way to have them at all sometimes, and it makes it a really pleasant experience for me. I also do something really similar with bell-peppers, so I’ll be showing that to you next time. For more delicious recipes, click here! Hope you enjoyed it, have an amazing day!


Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media