The “Postpone Syndrome”

I have a problem. Well, I have many problems but this one is super annoying. I tend to postpone stupid little things to a point where I probably won’t be able to do them anymore. I also postpone important things. I postpone important emails; I ignore some important deadlines... It’s so stupid. In other words, I procrastinate like a boss.

The worst part is that I think of those things I need to do every single day. But I just don’t do them.

What is this? Why is my brain like this? I guess this is a pretty common Portuguese problem, I mean, we are known for leaving everything undone until the last second, but it sucks so bad! Why can’t I learn?

I was seriously going writing something completely different today, but guess what... I got myself into a shitty situation because I was stupid enough to postpone a simple email. I’m an idiot.

At this point I usually say that “I need a therapist” but at this point I don’t even know what I need. I need a reset button. One that works, specifically.

The good thing about me is that I’m hopeful and sometimes lucky, so let’s see if good fortune is on my side this time. I need it to be.

Do you guys often deal with this? How do you stop procrastinating? Let me know in the comments!


Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media