Quarantine Thoughts - Day 1


It’s technically day 2 for me but yesterday I did absolutely nothing.

Today I felt like it would be a good idea to start writing down what’s going on in my life and country with this pandemic.

Yesterday, here in Portugal, the government decided to implement the State of Emergency. This means that we lose some of our rights as citizens, but it is ultimately for a good cause. We won’t be able to walk around freely as we wish, we’ll need good, documented reason to leave our houses (unless we need to buy essential goods or medicine) and I think that this was a necessary measure to take.

I mean, even with everything we see on the news, they were refusing to shut down shopping centers, airports and other things that allowed crowds and gatherings. On the day they announced that we could go on voluntary quarantine, loads and loads of people went to the beach. Now there is not whats, ifs and buts. Everyone stays home, everything shuts down. This is the only way to get rid of this virus. Containment.

So far, even though there are some exceptions, people here are taking it well, I think. I haven’t seen any craziness at nearby supermarkets or anything, a really good amount of people is staying home and although the numbers of infected people are rising every day, I don’t see people panicking. I want to believe things are going to continue that way, but unfortunately the worst is yet to come. Still, we are a historically strong people (especially strong here in the North, just saying...) and I know we’ll make it, one way or another.

Let’s stay positive, cautious and safe!

I’ll keep you posted.



Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media