Quarantine Thoughts - Day 3


Staying away from loved ones is probably the hardest part of this quarantine. You might be lucky if you live with family or friends, but some people are completely on their own. Of course, today people are just a click away, but nothing can replace that physical, personal contact.

I live with my parents. Sometimes I think I would rather live alone, at the moment, because I’m scared of going out and bringing the virus home with me and infecting my parents. Specially my dad, since he is in the risk group because of chronic disease. However, I think that at the end of the day, having someone to talk to in person and just hang out keeps me sane and makes me feel safer for some reason.

Loneliness is something that many people might be experiencing right now, and even though people can stay in contact, at night, when there’s nothing there to do but think, is hard not to think about your friends, your family, your significant other... I miss my boyfriend, a lot. We live separately and decided that for now it would be best to stay apart because we don’t want to risk our family’s health and safety. I can’t tell you how many times I thought about throwing care out the window and just going to him but... Selfishness can’t rule right now.

Yesterday I video-chatted with 2 friends I haven’t seen in a while and we spoke and laughed for hours on end. It was truly amazing and it gave me a much-needed uplift and my positivity went right back up.

So, my advice for today is, if you live with someone, make the most out of it. Watch movies, make plans or just talk. There are always stories to tell. Don’t ever isolate. We don’t know how long we’re going to be waiting for this to end so we need to keep busy. Call someone different every day, video-chat with family and friends and make sure you tell them you love them! That’s so, so important! It’s love that’s going to help us through this.

Love hard!



Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media