Quarantine Thoughts - Day 6


It’s day six of quarantine and today I was really struggling with missing my boyfriend a lot, and just missing physical contact in general. I have a very physical language sometimes and I really like hugging the people I love. Don’t know if that’s weird or not, but that’s how I act. I feel that there is something very soothing in receiving and giving hugs.

Anyways, journaling was a big relief for me today. I have the habit of journaling often but today it was really necessary. I started drifting to a place where I don’t really like to go in my head where sadness turns into apathy that turns into not having the strength to do absolutely nothing for days. I hate it. So, I grabbed my notebook and I forced myself to let go of everything.

Writing is my way of reflecting on my feelings. I can deconstruct my problems on my own, most of the times, to the point of starting an entry with an issue and ending it with a solution. I love that about writing. It allows my mind to flow in a way that wouldn’t be possible any other way.

This is something that works for me, but it might not work for every one else. So, I’ll just leave it as an advice of something to try out. If you are struggling with your own thoughts and feelings and you feel yourself going to a darker place, try picking up a journal, a notebook, a piece of paper and try writing down what is wrong but kind of from a third person’s perspective. Sometimes we can’t see solutions to our issues because feelings of sadness and even anxiety cloud our vision, so taking a breather and trying to figure out things from another perspective might help.

Some people might be able to do this in their head, which is awesome, but I can’t. It only really works for me when I put it in paper.

Again, this is only a coping mechanism that works for me, and I decided to share it in hopes that it can help out someone that might be struggling out there.

Be sure to let me know how you deal with your problems in your day-to-day life!



Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media