Long-lasting relationships - Conclusion


In this series you mostly saw the bad sides of a long-term relationship and, to be honest, a lot of things can go wrong. But many things can go right as well!

For me, the most important things in these relationships are communication, respect and honesty because, if these are present, most issues that may surface can be easily talked out. And since talking prevents that buildup of aggravation, you won’t risk freaking out over “nothing” one day.

If you are in a good relationship, enjoy it. If you are single, enjoy it as well, because what matters is that you feel happy and accomplished regardless of being with someone or not! Some people like to think of their partners as someone who completes them, I feel like I should be able to be complete on my own. Having a partner, to me, is like adding an extension to everything that I already am, double the happiness, double the fun, double the love.

For those of you who are single, like me, don’t try to run into new relationships fast. Being alone (but not lonely, of course) is a big learning experience, specially if you just got out of a long-term relationship. You should take time to get to know yourself again, go on dates, see what you like, what you want and what you don’t. Try to connect with yourself and try new things. Most importantly, have fun and love yourself because when you do, loving others and letting others love you becomes so much easier and fulfilling.

Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media