My Weight Loss Journey: First Week


The first week of my new dietary regime has passed and I am very happy with the results. I’ve lost 2kg (~ 4 pounds), 2cm (~ 0.8 inches) in my chest, waist and hips and 3cm (~ 1.2 inches) in my belly. So, physically, everything is going just how it’s supposed to.

Mentally, this first week was a rollercoaster. I was very bored and irritated in the first days and I couldn’t understand why, but after I managed to regain control of my moods and emotions (around the 4th day) I realized that I was finally allowing myself to feel the emotions that I would “mask” with food before.

The afternoons were the hardest part of the day because it was during that period of time that I used to eat the most, especially sugary things. So apart from dieting now I also kind of went through some serious sugar withdrawal. It’s not a good feeling at all. I could feel my body craving it and everywhere I looked, in this house, there were cookies, sodas and other sweet things. I felt very tempted but I tried to “isolate” myself from it and I resisted. Restraining yourself is not easy but if you keep your goals in mind, it gives you strength to hang on, and then you are rewarded with the results.

Trust me, when you get to see the progress you’ve made, all the struggles just don’t matter anymore and all you care about is the future.

Right now, I am motivated, I’m following all the recommendations made by the nutritionist, I feel like I’m in a better mental state now and even if a bad mood comes around I know how to control it without resorting to food. I’ll update you in the end of the first month, so let’s see how it goes. Fingers crossed!



Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media