Quarantine Thoughts - Day 26

In times like these, it is easy to become a victim of social media. All you see is friends and influencers posting about all the productive things they seem to do all day, every day. Don’t get me wrong, being productive is important, no matter the circumstance, but it’s okay to just relax sometimes.


It’s not a productivity contest

In my non-productive moments I love playing video-games. My Steam and Origin accounts are not the most amazing, but I pride myself in owning a good variety of games to choose from. At the moment, I am taking a good stroll down memory lane and I’m playing The Sims 3. In my opinion, looking past all the lags and bugs, this is the best Sims game. Well, to be honest, I’ve never played the Sims 1 and I’ve only played the Sims 2 for a short while in my childhood. So... yes, I’m biased. The Sims 3 is my childhood/ teenagerhood game.

A screenshot of my own gameplay.

I’m also really into questing-based games and another game I’m playing at the moment is LOTRO – Lord of The Rings Online. Don’t ask me how or when I found this game (it has been a long, long time) and don’t ask me why Lord of the Rings because I’ve never even seen all the movies (I’ve always liked Harry Potter more) but I love the gameplay so, so much!

LOTRO's loading screen.

A gamer at heart

All my life I’ve always been very into gaming and I’ve tried a little bit of everything. Of course, when you get older and finally get the money to buy the games you don’t have enough time to play them. So, it’s been really nice getting back to playing, and I’m even considering streaming or recording some gameplay. A few of my favorites, besides the ones I already mentioned are The Elder Scrolls IV and V (Oblivion and Skyrim); Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4; The Sims 4; Darkest Dungeon and the ancient (and now dead) Combat Arms. I could go on for a while, and I’m only talking about PC games (The PS2 is my real baby).


Do you enjoy gaming? Let me know which games are your favorites!


Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media