Quarantine Thoughts - Day 40


I got my much-needed break and now I am back with a clear mind, a headset and many ideas! I can not stress enough how important it was for me to take a bit of a break from technology. If you’ve never tried it before, be sure to try it whenever you can. I’m renewed.

Anyways, lately I’ve been getting the opportunity to meet and chat with many different people online and a question that I usually get is: “Why aren’t you working in something on your field?”. For me, that question is not hard to answer, now. But if my life had been different these last past months, I can imagine that this could be an anxiety inducing question. I’ll explain.



I have a degree in Biology and a master’s in Forensic Genetics and, as you know, I love learning more and more and I’m also completing my “Introduction to Cancer Biology” course. So, it is normal that people get interested in all of those things and want to know what I do. But, so far, I haven’t had luck in finding a job in my field.

A few months ago, maybe around November, before I defended my thesis, the idea of not finding a job in my field was something that caused major anxiety in me and I was so scared of failing and disappointing other people and myself and it was all a mess in my head.

I defended my thesis in the beginning of December and all went well. I knew I needed to wait almost a month for my certificate and I was really wanting to buy a car, so I decided I was going to try and get a job while I waited for my certificate and opportunities. And when I did get that job, my whole perspective on life changed.

I’m not scared of failing, I’m not scared of not getting the job I want right away, I know I can do whatever I need to do to live my life and that gave me an insane confidence. Plus, I got to acquire a set of completely new abilities for working retail, working with customers. I learned to leave my shyness at the door. I can work under stress. I can sell things; I can sell ideas and I learned to always want to better myself. Also, I have a new appreciation for people who work with customers, and that made me reevaluate my behaviors as a costumer myself. And I did get my car.

The most important thing is that I learned that, no matter what life throws at me, I’ll be fine. I keep on looking for opportunities in my field every day, but I don’t feel stressed about it, nor do I feel less than. My chance will come someday and I will be able to appreciate it much more than if it was simply there from the get go.

I am so proud of myself. And that’s all that matters.

If you find yourself in a situation like this, don’t give into the bad thoughts, don’t be bothered by the comments or the questions. Just be proud and know that if you keep going, you’ll get your moment. Good things come for those who wait, just don’t wait sitting down, live your life, get yourself out there and challenge yourself. It’ll all be worth it!

Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media