A Simple Beauty Routine


As I was writing about my day of pampering, I decided that it would be a good idea to go a little bit into more detail about my skin cleansing routine.

I only started the habit of cleaning my face a bit more in depth only a few months ago and I did some research in order to find something simple and effective. I didn’t want to use dozens of products at once... So, I gather the following items:




1.   Cien’s Micelar Water: I do my beauty routine at night, before bed, because I want to deep clean my skin after a day of being outside and wearing makeup. So first, I remove my makeup with makeup remover wipes and then I use this micellar water. What it does is simple clean up those stubborn bits of makeup that refuse to come out (mascara, I’m looking at you right now). Even in days when I don’t use any makeup, but I still go out somewhere, at night, I still use the micellar water and the cotton disks always come out “dirty”, because your skin picks up a lot of dirt during the day.

2.   Garnier’s Aloe Refreshing Tonic: A few months ago, if you asked me what a face tonic was, I would probably say that it was meant to tone your face. It’s not. A tonic is a very important middle step in my routine, as it cleans your face (just a bit more), it preps your skin for moisturizer and most importantly, it balances your skin’s pH. Makeup, pollution and just the environment in general can alter your skin’s pH so it is very important to keep that in check.

3.    Cien’s Hydrating Face Cream: Moisturizing was the first step I took when I started the idea of a routine. Before using any other products, I only moisturized and, to be honest, just using it everyday after washing my face did make a difference. And seeing that difference made me want to commit even more to a routine.

4.   Cien’s Hydrating Chapstick: I didn’t want to deal with dry chapped lips anymore, and this little companion has completely fixed that for me. That’s it!

You probably noticed a pattern with the products I use, right? Cien. In case you don’t know that brand, Cien is a very affordable brand of makeup and beauty items that was created by (or for) a common supermarket, here in Portugal, called Lidl. It began getting recognition when it was considered one of the best brands by an NPO that defends the interests of the consumers (called DECO).

Just so you have an idea, all the Cien products I use cost between 2 and 3 euro (~ 3 and 4 dollars) and I swear by them. It is amazing that people like me, who don’t have the means to support expensive “tastes”, can get their hands on products with such great quality!

Anyways, I’m just rambling right now, let me know about the routines you use or if you are 
interested in trying out something simple like this!

Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media