Quarantine Thoughts - Day 32


I love food and always loved eating. Wasn’t always really opened to trying out new things, but with time that changed. The biggest factor that changed how I viewed new food and tastes was learning how to cook. As I learned my way around the kitchen, new ideas and curiosities started popping in my head. Now I love cooking and trying new things.

Cooking is an extra special experience for me because I am fortunate enough to have many of the things I need in the nature that surrounds me. We plant loads of vegetables and also have chickens that give us the most amazing eggs (oh yeah, our eggs are the most important part of our cakes). What I’m most passionate about are herbs. There’s nothing more satisfying to me than starting a dish and then going outside and gathering some fresh herbs right out of the garden and into the pot.

Lately, I’ve also become really interested in energy, crystals and learning about useful properties that come from my herbs (that’s why I say I’m a part-time witch, or even a witch in the making). This started with a book my mom gave me called (English version) “Treat Yourself Natural”.


This book really made me start looking at nature and gardening in a whole different way. So, I decided to start my own little space of herbs:

Rosemary

Lemon balm

Coriander

Mint

Lemon Verbena

Thyme (w/flowers)

Parsley

Oregano

Basil
Sometimes, it might be hard to tell between 2 plants, but most doubts can be told by looking at the leaves and smelling them:

Mint leave vs. Lemon balm leave
I use my herbs in food and teas and it’s impossible to describe the feeling of tending for something that one day will give something back to you.


Other things in my garden that I am really passionate about are flowers and fruits, but I’ll leave those for another day.

I hope your weekend is going well, stay safe!

Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media