Quarantine Thoughts - Day 21

Today was a thought provoking, decision making day.

I decided I was going to enroll in an online course at Coursera (an online platform I mentioned before). I chose the course “Introduction to the Biology of Cancer” because I felt it would be an interesting addition to my curriculum. Even though I studied Biology and Genetics, I never focused on anything related to cancer. Many studies are conducted in relation with these diseases, so I figured it would only be an advantage to enroll. It is a course offered by Johns HopkinsUniversity and I am really excited to start!

I’ve also been craving some sweets lately, so I figured gelatin was an okay way to try and distract me from them. I had many flavors of gelatin to try out but I found one that was completely new for me: currant gelatin. It was so delicious! I’m used to using currant syrup mixed with water for a quick refreshment but I never tried it as a gelatin flavor. I love it!


Speaking of gelatin, have you checked out the most amazing dessert ever? Click here for a surprise!

On a more serious note, we are two days away from entering the third week in Emergency State. People are saying that when these 2 weeks end (that would be on the 17th) the government will start to allow people’s lives to go back to normal, and that scared me. Honestly, I think that something like that can only be allowed when the numbers go way, way down... I know for sure that the moment someone comes out and says that it is safe to go out, malls are going to get flooded, public transports are going to get full, beaches will get invaded, people will forget everything. At least most people will. That scares me so much. The idea of careless people provoking a second outbreak of the virus is stressful and irritating at the same time.

How are things going where you’re from? Let me know.

Comments

Become a Patron !

Want to know a little bit more about me? Contribute to the growth of this blog? Become a member of my personal circle?

With only 1€ you can become more involved in my life and work, while lending me a (very needed) helping hand.

Become a Patron today and get access to exclusive content right now!

https://www.patreon.com/kellyable

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Makeup

Quarantine Thoughts - Day 34

Antisocial: An experiment without social media